ERADICATING EXTREME POVERTY AND HUNGER – MDG-1
PROMOTING GENDER EQUALITY AND EMPOWERING WOMEN – MDG-3
- Organize Women Self Help Groups (SHGs)
- Encourage regular meetings of SHGs
- Build the capacity of SHGs through various training sessions
- Provide economic and skills training through SHGs
- Raise awareness of social rights through SHGs
- Facilitate interaction between existing SHGs
- Encourage small-scale entrepreneurial development.
- Facilitate funding/welfare schemes related interaction between SHGs and commercial banks, government institutions, and other NGOs.
- Encourage political participation
- Promote interaction between SHGs and local governmental bodies.